How Big is the Difference Between B2B and B2C Marketing?

By Michael Shepherd / February 8, 2019 /

For some time a question has lingered in my mind: is there truly a difference between B2B and B2C marketing? Most articles on the topic are set on the idea that both types of marketing campaigns are fundamentally different – but considering the goals and strategies one sees in so many campaigns, there’s more overlap…

Read More

What Every Company Needs in its Digital Marketing Toolkit

By Michael Shepherd / January 31, 2019 /

In what we now recognize as a digital-first landscape, online communications platforms have shifted from a luxury to a necessity – and companies that don’t conform simply fall behind their competition. Here we’ll address a few ‘digital needs’ that all brands should have fastened down and optimized to increase their reach, engagement and conversion goals. Dynamic, Responsive…

Read More

How to Get the Most Out of Your Marketing Agency

By Michael Shepherd / January 14, 2019 /

You’ve hired an external marketing agency to assist with your next campaign – now, what are you going to do to maximize the value they bring to the partnership? It’s often a million-dollar question. You know that you’ve secured a team of industry experts who are well-versed in strategic planning, execution, and analysis of marketing…

Read More

Giving Your Brand a Voice – Literally

By Michael Shepherd / November 21, 2018 /

Marketing has come a long way in recent years, from the takeover of social media and the heavy importance on ‘mobile-first’ marketing, to the looming horizon of augmented and virtual reality; you can see it before your eyes. One of the newest forms of marketing making waves, however, can’t be seen – rather, it’s heard.…

Read More

Metrics That Matter – Part III

By Michael Shepherd / November 1, 2018 /

As marketing professionals, we’re responsible for the creation and distribution of content across a variety of channels – along with the ever-changing and sometimes confusing analytics that attempt to quantify the impact of that content. For this installment of Metrics That Matter (see links to earlier posts below about Google Analytics and other Social Media…

Read More

Metrics That Matter – Part II

By Michael Shepherd / October 18, 2018 /

Social Media Analytics In part one of “Metrics That Matter,” we took a deeper dive into Google Analytics and helped clarify some of the more relevant, yet often overlooked, audience and behavior metrics available through the ubiquitous search platform. This knowledge will enable you to more effectively track website engagement and conversions. Now it’s time…

Read More

Metrics That Matter – Part I

By Michael Shepherd / September 13, 2018 /

For website analysis, Google Analytics has proven to be one of the best tools for tracking your progress. Available behavior metrics allow you to track where your audience is coming from, how many are interacting with your site, the pages they enter and exit from, and much more – all easily accessible, downloadable, and presentable.…

Read More

The 5 Spokes in the Content Marketing Wheel That Produce a Smoother Ride

By Michael Shepherd / August 17, 2018 /

Michael Corbett According to the Content Marketing Institute, only 30% of B2B marketers say their organizations have an effective content marketing strategy — a most disappointing statistic. It’s even more discouraging when you stop to consider the sheer volume of brands represented in the other 70 percent. If your company isn’t getting traction with its inbound marketing…

Read More

Working with Journalists – How to Get Your First Pitch Read

By Michael Shepherd / June 22, 2018 /

By Michael Corbett So, you’ve created a great story – now it’s time to distribute it to your list of contacts and create an earned media campaign. But how big is this list? Will everyone on it want to see this piece from you? Do they even know you? It can be tricky at times but targeting the right…

Read More

A PR Primer for Agency Rookies

By Michael Shepherd / October 8, 2017 /

Take it from an agency newbie: In order to be successful in this part of the PR world, you’re going to need more than the requisite writing and story telling skills upon which communicators rely. While these core competencies will serve you well, there are many others – many of which aren’t taught in the classroom…

Read More